Whooping Cough (Pertussis)
Oils Food/Nutrition Cough Syrup Recipes
Whooping Cough is a contagious disease affecting the respiratory system mainly in children.
Lungs become infected, as the air passages become clogged with thick mucus.
Over the course of several days, the condition worsens, resulting in long
coughing bouts (up to 1 minute). Whooping Cough is recognozed by the continual coughing
making breathing difficult and labored.
Rosemary is the number oil of choice for whooping cough. Take internally (in capsules) or rub on chest and throat. (Remember, only take essential oils internally that you are sure are therapeutci grade oils (free of adulteration and that are approved for internal use) or you may wind up with a greater challenge than you started with. Young Living essential oils fall into this category.
Ravensara is a very, very close second choice.
Dairy products increase the mucus in the lungs, which can become a large
challenge when dealing with whooping cough. If you have contracted whooping cough immediately eliminate dairy dairy products from your diet. This includes milk, yogurt, butter, cheese, cottage cheese, etc.
Eliminate grains. Grains also create excessive mucous.
Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and drink lots of pure water.
Keep the room moist; don’t allow the room to become over stuffy or dry.
Open the windows for fresh circulating air if possible - to air things out.
Apply Eucalyptus in the shower - and after your shower.
Essential Oil Application Options
Run a diffuser with Thieves or Purification blend, Basil, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Peppermint, Roman Chamomile, or Rose oils to help prevent spread of infection and help ease breathing and keep the oils actively seeking out the infection.
Massage the oils on the chest and throat; use a hot compress for deeper
penetration. You want to use the oils often and always make sure you have therapeutic grade essential oils.
- DILUTE 20:80 apply 2-4 drops to neck and chest as needed.
- COMPRESS, warm, on neck, chest and upper back areas 1-3 times daily
- VITA FLEX on lung points of feet, 2-3 times daily
- DIRECT: 5-10 times daily as needed
- DIFFUSION: 15 minutes, 3-10 times daily as needed – alternate oils / blends each time. Also diffuse at night during sleep.
- VAPOR: 2-4 times daily as needed.
- Thieves Antiseptic Spray, Fresh Essence Plus mouthwash, Thieves lozenges
- Cypress with rosemary CT cineol, rose, lavender, lemongrass, basil, thyme, oregano, myrtle, or nutmeg.
- Melaleuca alternifolia, or sage or rosemary with lemongrass, lemon, Idaho tansy, Roman chamomile, thyme, basil, lavender, eucalyptus, geranium, or bergamot.
- Thyme with ravensara, melissa, petitgrain, oregano, frankincense, clove, cinnamon, lavender, myrrh, or ginger.
- Cypress with R.C.
- Melaleuca ericifolia or rosemary with Thieves, Melrose, Purification, ImmuPower, R.C., or Di-Tone.
- Thyme or sage with Melrose, Purification, Thieves, or 3 Wise Men.
- Super C, Longevity Softgels, MultiGreens, ImmuPro, Rehemogen, Sulfurzyme, Digest & Cleanse Softgels, Inner Defense Softgels
Home Made Cough Syrups (three recipes)
- Lemon juice or a small amount of water with drop of lemon oil
- tiny dash of cayenne
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. horseradish (fresh prepared)
- Mix well. Take 1 or 2 teaspoons as needed.
If mixture is too hot, add more honey to taste.
NOTE: Because whooping cough usually affects children, always dilute essential oils in massage oil or V-6 Mixing Oil before topically applying. Start with low concentrations until response is observed. Diffuse intermittently and observe reaction. Do not overdo.
- 1 c. molasses
- 2 drops ginger essential oil
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- Mix all ingredients together.
Use 1 teaspoon at a time, every 4 hours.